Wednesday 2 January 2008

Arcade Fire again - on their own



I've already posted the fantastic video of the Arcade Fire with Springsteen and the E Streeters several posts ago. But I think I owe those unfamiliar with the song a look at this video of the Fire doing the song on their own, on British TV's Jonathan Ross Show.

And hell, I'll post a couple of other videos, though they're not as good, just for fans - there's one of them doing the great "Wake Up" from their first album, with David Bowie singing it, though the sync of sound and vision is bad; I've linked instead to the same show with the same combo doing Bowie's "Five Years".



Here's another video of the band, this time with U2, doing a rather shambling version of Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart." Neither of these two videos are very good, but both prove a point: The Arcade Fire is the current fave of rock's greatest acts. I think they could be around for some time.



Hell, even the Foo Fighters do a good cover of "Keep the Car Running," though without the composers themselves...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
I can see why you like this band. I just ordered their album. I'm totally out of the loop on current music. Thanks for turning me on to this.